• Effloresce Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To change on the surface, or throughout, to a whitish, mealy, or crystalline powder, from a gradual decomposition, esp. from the loss of water, on simple exposure to the air; as, Glaubers salts, and many others, effloresce.
- (v. i.) To become covered with a whitish crust or light crystallization, from a slow chemical change between some of the ingredients of the matter covered and an acid proceeding commonly from an external source; as, the walls of limestone caverns sometimes effloresce with nitrate of calcium in consequence of the action in consequence of nitric acid formed in the atmosphere.
- (v. i.) To blossom forth.
• Efflorescency Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The state or quality of being efflorescent; efflorescence.
• Effloresced Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Effloresce