• Eliminating Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Eliminate
• Eliminate Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To obtain by separating, as from foreign matters; to deduce; as, to eliminate an idea or a conclusion.
- (v. t.) To put out of doors; to expel; to discharge; to release; to set at liberty.
- (v. t.) To cause to disappear from an equation; as, to eliminate an unknown quantity.
- (v. t.) To separate; to expel from the system; to excrete; as, the kidneys eliminate urea, the lungs carbonic acid; to eliminate poison from the system.
- (v. t.) To set aside as unimportant in a process of inductive inquiry; to leave out of consideration.