• Embarrassing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Embarrass
• Embarrass Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To hinder from freedom of thought, speech, or action by something which impedes or confuses mental action; to perplex; to discompose; to disconcert; as, laughter may embarrass an orator.
- (v. t.) Embarrassment.
- (v. t.) To hinder from liberty of movement; to impede; to obstruct; as, business is embarrassed; public affairs are embarrassed.
- (v. t.) To involve in difficulties concerning money matters; to incumber with debt; to beset with urgent claims or demands; -- said of a person or his affairs; as, a man or his business is embarrassed when he can not meet his pecuniary engagements.