• Enfranchise Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To endow with a franchise; to incorporate into a body politic and thus to invest with civil and political privileges; to admit to the privileges of a freeman.
- (v. t.) To set free; to liberate from slavery, prison, or any binding power.
- (v. t.) To receive as denizens; to naturalize; as, to enfranchise foreign words.
• Enfranchised Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Enfranchise
• Enfranchisement Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Admission to the freedom of a corporation or body politic; investiture with the privileges of free citizens.
- (n.) Releasing from slavery or custody.