• Englishing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of English
• English Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A kind of printing type, in size between Pica and Great Primer. See Type.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to England, or to its inhabitants, or to the present so-called Anglo-Saxon race.
- (n.) Collectively, the people of England; English people or persons.
- (v. t.) To translate into the English language; to Anglicize; hence, to interpret; to explain.
- (a.) See 1st Bond, n., 8.
- (n.) A twist or spinning motion given to a ball in striking it that influences the direction it will take after touching a cushion or another ball.
- (v. t.) To strike (the cue ball) in such a manner as to give it in addition to its forward motion a spinning motion, that influences its direction after impact on another ball or the cushion.
- (n.) The language of England or of the English nation, and of their descendants in America, India, and other countries.