• Exceeding Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Exceed
- (adv.) In a very great degree; extremely; exceedingly.
- (a.) More than usual; extraordinary; more than sufficient; measureless.
• Exceed Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To be more or greater; to be paramount.
- (v. i.) To go too far; to pass the proper bounds or measure.
- (v. t.) To go beyond; to proceed beyond the given or supposed limit or measure of; to outgo; to surpass; -- used both in a good and a bad sense; as, one man exceeds another in bulk, stature, weight, power, skill, etc.; one offender exceeds another in villainy; his rank exceeds yours.
• Exceedingly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) To a very great degree; beyond what is usual; surpassingly. It signifies more than very.