• Exchequering Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Exchequer
• Exchequer Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The department of state having charge of the collection and management of the royal revenue. [Eng.] Hence, the treasury; and, colloquially, pecuniary possessions in general; as, the companys exchequer is low.
- (v. t.) To institute a process against (any one) in the Court of Exchequer.
- (n.) One of the superior courts of law; -- so called from a checkered cloth, which covers, or formerly covered, the table.