• Extern Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A pupil in a seminary who lives without its walls; a day scholar.
- (n.) Outward form or part; exterior.
- (a.) External; outward; not inherent.
• External Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Away from the mesial plane of the body; lateral.
- (a.) Outside of or separate from ourselves; (Metaph.) separate from the perceiving mind.
- (a.) Outwardly perceptible; visible; physical or corporeal, as distinguished from mental or moral.
- (n.) Something external or without; outward part; that which makes a show, rather than that which is intrinsic; visible form; -- usually in the plural.
- (a.) Foreign; relating to or connected with foreign nations; as, external trade or commerce; the external relations of a state or kingdom.
- (a.) Not intrinsic nor essential; accidental; accompanying; superficial.
- (a.) Outward; exterior; relating to the outside, as of a body; being without; acting from without; -- opposed to internal; as, the external form or surface of a body.