• Flag Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To convey, as a message, by means of flag signals; as, to flag an order to troops or vessels at a distance.
- (n.) A cloth usually bearing a device or devices and used to indicate nationality, party, etc., or to give or ask information; -- commonly attached to a staff to be waved by the wind; a standard; a banner; an ensign; the colors; as, the national flag; a military or a naval flag.
- (v. t.) To signal to with a flag; as, to flag a train.
- (n.) The bushy tail of a dog, as of a setter.
- (n.) That which flags or hangs down loosely.
- (v. i.) To droop; to grow spiritless; to lose vigor; to languish; as, the spirits flag; the streugth flags.
- (v. t.) To let droop; to suffer to fall, or let fall, into feebleness; as, to flag the wings.
- (n.) A group of elongated wing feathers in certain hawks.
- (v. t.) To furnish or deck out with flags.
- (n.) A group of feathers on the lower part of the legs of certain hawks, owls, etc.
- (n.) A flat stone used for paving.
- (n.) Any hard, evenly stratified sandstone, which splits into layers suitable for flagstones.
- (v. i.) To hang loose without stiffness; to bend down, as flexible bodies; to be loose, yielding, limp.
- (n.) An aquatic plant, with long, ensiform leaves, belonging to either of the genera Iris and Acorus.
- (v. t.) To enervate; to exhaust the vigor or elasticity of.
- (v. t.) To lay with flags of flat stones.
- (v. t.) To decoy (game) by waving a flag, handkerchief, or the like to arouse the animals curiosity.
- (n.) One of the wing feathers next the body of a bird; -- called also flag feather.
• Flagelliform Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Shaped like a whiplash; long, slender, round, flexible, and (comming) tapering.
• Flagitate Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To importune; to demand fiercely or with passion.