• Fleecing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Fleece
• Fleece Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To deprive of a fleece, or natural covering of wool.
- (n.) The fine web of cotton or wool removed by the doffing knife from the cylinder of a carding machine.
- (v. t.) To spread over as with wool.
- (v. t.) To strip of money or other property unjustly, especially by trickery or fraud; to bring to straits by oppressions and exactions.
- (n.) Any soft woolly covering resembling a fleece.
- (n.) The entire coat of wood that covers a sheep or other similar animal; also, the quantity shorn from a sheep, or animal, at one time.