• Flight Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A kind of arrow for the longbow; also, the sport of shooting with it. See Shaft.
- (n.) The act or flying; a passing through the air by the help of wings; volitation; mode or style of flying.
- (n.) A number of beings or things passing through the air together; especially, a flock of birds flying in company; the birds that fly or migrate together; the birds produced in one season; as, a flight of arrows.
- (n.) The husk or glume of oats.
- (n.) The act of fleeing; the act of running away, to escape or expected evil; hasty departure.
- (n.) Lofty elevation and excursion;a mounting; a soa/ing; as, a flight of imagination, ambition, folly.
- (n.) A series of steps or stairs from one landing to another.
• Flighter Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A horizontal vane revolving over the surface of wort in a cooler, to produce a circular current in the liquor.