• Forbearing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Forbear
- (a.) Disposed or accustomed to forbear; patient; long-suffering.
• Forbear Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To control ones self when provoked.
- (v. t.) To cease from bearing.
- (v. t.) To keep away from; to avoid; to abstain from; to give up; as, to forbear the use of a word of doubdtful propriety.
- (v. i.) To refrain from proceeding; to pause; to delay.
- (v. t.) To treat with consideration or indulgence.
- (v. i.) To refuse; to decline; to give no heed.
- (n.) An ancestor; a forefather; -- usually in the plural.