• Forward Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Near, or at the fore part; in advance of something else; as, the forward gun in a ship, or the forward ship in a fleet.
- (adv.) Alt. of Forwards
- (n.) An agreement; a covenant; a promise.
- (a.) Advanced beyond the usual degree; advanced for season; as, the grass is forward, or forward for the season; we have a forward spring.
- (v. t.) To send forward; to send toward the place of destination; to transmit; as, to forward a letter.
- (a.) Ready; prompt; strongly inclined; in an ill sense, overready; to hasty.
- (v. t.) To help onward; to advance; to promote; to accelerate; to quicken; to hasten; as, to forward the growth of a plant; to forward one in improvement.
- (a.) Ardent; eager; earnest; in an ill sense, less reserved or modest than is proper; bold; confident; as, the boy is too forward for his years.
• Forwarded Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Forward
• Forwarding Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Forward
- (n.) The act of one who forwards; the act or occupation of transmitting merchandise or other property for others.
- (n.) The process of putting a book into its cover, and making it ready for the finisher.