• Foundation Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) That upon which anything is founded; that on which anything stands, and by which it is supported; the lowest and supporting layer of a superstructure; groundwork; basis.
- (n.) The act of founding, fixing, establishing, or beginning to erect.
- (n.) A donation or legacy appropriated to support a charitable institution, and constituting a permanent fund; endowment.
- (n.) That which is founded, or established by endowment; an endowed institution or charity.
- (n.) The lowest and supporting part or member of a wall, including the base course (see Base course (a), under Base, n.) and footing courses; in a frame house, the whole substructure of masonry.
• Foundationless Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having no foundation.