• Freshened Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Freshen
• Freshen Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To refresh; to revive.
- (v. i.) To grow brisk or strong; as, the wind freshens.
- (v. i.) To grow fresh; to lose saltness.
- (v. t.) To make fresh; to separate, as water, from saline ingredients; to make less salt; as, to freshen water, fish, or flesh.
- (v. t.) To relieve, as a rope, by change of place where friction wears it; or to renew, as the material used to prevent chafing; as, to freshen a hawse.