• Frock Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To clothe in a frock.
- (n.) A loose outer garment; especially, a gown forming a part of European modern costume for women and children; also, a coarse shirtlike garment worn by some workmen over their other clothes; a smock frock; as, a marketmans frock.
- (n.) A coarse gown worn by monks or friars, and supposed to take the place of all, or nearly all, other garments. It has a hood which can be drawn over the head at pleasure, and is girded by a cord.
- (v. t.) To make a monk of. Cf. Unfrock.
• Frocked Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Clothed in a frock.