• Fugitive Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Fleeing from pursuit, danger, restraint, etc., escaping, from service, duty etc.; as, a fugitive solder; a fugitive slave; a fugitive debtor.
- (n.) One who flees from pursuit, danger, restraint, service, duty, etc.; a deserter; as, a fugitive from justice.
- (a.) Not fixed; not durable; liable to disappear or fall away; volatile; uncertain; evanescent; liable to fade; -- applied to material and immaterial things; as, fugitive colors; a fugitive idea.
- (n.) Something hard to be caught or detained.
• Fugitively Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a fugitive manner.
• Fugitiveness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The quality or condition of being fugitive; evanescence; volatility; fugacity; instability.