• Furnishing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Furnish
• Furnish Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To supply with anything necessary, useful, or appropriate; to provide; to equip; to fit out, or fit up; to adorn; as, to furnish a family with provisions; to furnish one with arms for defense; to furnish a Cable; to furnish the mind with ideas; to furnish one with knowledge or principles; to furnish an expedition or enterprise, a room or a house.
- (v. t.) To offer for use; to provide (something); to give (something); to afford; as, to furnish food to the hungry: to furnish arms for defense.
- (n.) That which is furnished as a specimen; a sample; a supply.