• Gab Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The hook on the end of an eccentric rod opposite the strap. See. Illust. of Eccentric.
- (v. i.) The mouth; hence, idle prate; chatter; unmeaning talk; loquaciousness.
- (v. i.) To deceive; to lie.
- (v. i.) To talk idly; to prate; to chatter.
• Gabelle Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A tax, especially on salt.
• Gabionade Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A structure of gabions sunk in lines, as a core for a sand bar in harbor improvements.
- (n.) A traverse made with gabions between guns or on their flanks, protecting them from enfilading fire.