• Gag Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Something thrust into the mouth or throat to hinder speaking.
- (n.) A speech or phrase interpolated offhand by an actor on the stage in his part as written, usually consisting of some seasonable or local allusion.
- (v. i.) To introduce gags or interpolations. See Gag, n., 3.
- (v. t.) To cause to heave with nausea.
- (v. i.) To heave with nausea; to retch.
- (n.) A mouthful that makes one retch; a choking bit; as, a gag of mutton fat.
- (v. t.) To pry or hold open by means of a gag.
- (v. t.) To stop the mouth of, by thrusting sometimes in, so as to hinder speaking; hence, to silence by authority or by violence; not to allow freedom of speech to.
• Gag law Definition & Synonyms
- () A law or ruling prohibiting proper or free debate, as in closure.
• Gagger Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who gags.
- (n.) A piece of iron imbedded in the sand of a mold to keep the sand in place.