• Gibing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Gibe
• Gib Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To act like a cat.
- (v. i.) To balk. See Jib, v. i.
- (v. t.) To secure or fasten with a gib, or gibs; to provide with a gib, or gibs.
- (n.) A male cat; a tomcat.
- (n.) A piece or slip of metal or wood, notched or otherwise, in a machine or structure, to hold other parts in place or bind them together, or to afford a bearing surface; -- usually held or adjusted by means of a wedge, key, or screw.
• Gibe Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An expression of sarcastic scorn; a sarcastic jest; a scoff; a taunt; a sneer.
- (v. i.) To cast reproaches and sneering expressions; to rail; to utter taunting, sarcastic words; to flout; to fleer; to scoff.
- (v. i.) To reproach with contemptuous words; to deride; to scoff at; to mock.
• Gibingly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a gibing manner; scornfully.