• Gild Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To overlay with a thin covering of gold; to cover with a golden color; to cause to look like gold.
- (v. t.) To make red with drinking.
- (v. t.) To make attractive; to adorn; to brighten.
- (v. t.) To give a fair but deceptive outward appearance to; to embellish; as, to gild a lie.
• Gilded Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Gild
• Gildale Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) A drinking bout in which every one pays an equal share.
• Gilder Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A Dutch coin. See Guilder.
- (n.) One who gilds; one whose occupation is to overlay with gold.