• Glowed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Glow
• Glow Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Heat of body; a sensation of warmth, as that produced by exercise, etc.
- (n.) White or red heat; incandscence.
- (v. i.) To feel hot; to have a burning sensation, as of the skin, from friction, exercise, etc.; to burn.
- (v. i.) To exhibit a strong, bright color; to be brilliant, as if with heat; to be bright or red with heat or animation, with blushes, etc.
- (v. t.) To make hot; to flush.
- (n.) Intense excitement or earnestness; vehemence or heat of passion; ardor.
- (v. i.) To feel the heat of passion; to be animated, as by intense love, zeal, anger, etc.; to rage, as passior; as, the heart glows with love, zeal, or patriotism.
- (v. i.) To shine with an intense or white heat; to give forth vivid light and heat; to be incandescent.
- (n.) Brightness or warmth of color; redness; a rosy flush; as, the glow of health in the cheeks.