• Govern Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To regulate; to influence; to direct; to restrain; to manage; as, to govern the life; to govern a horse.
- (v. t.) To direct and control, as the actions or conduct of men, either by established laws or by arbitrary will; to regulate by authority.
- (v. i.) To exercise authority; to administer the laws; to have the control.
- (v. t.) To require to be in a particular case; as, a transitive verb governs a noun in the objective case; or to require (a particular case); as, a transitive verb governs the objective case.
• Governableness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The quality of being governable; manageableness.
• Governmental Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Pertaining to government; made by government; as, governmental duties.