• Gusset Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A small piece of cloth inserted in a garment, for the purpose of strengthening some part or giving it a tapering enlargement.
- (n.) An abatement or mark of dishonor in a coat of arms, resembling a gusset.
- (n.) A kind of bracket, or angular piece of iron, fastened in the angles of a structure to give strength or stiffness; esp., the part joining the barrel and the fire box of a locomotive boiler.
- (n.) Anything resembling a gusset in a garment
- (n.) A small piece of chain mail at the openings of the joints beneath the arms.