• Ham Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Home.
- (n.) The thigh of any animal; especially, the thigh of a hog cured by salting and smoking.
- (n.) The region back of the knee joint; the popliteal space; the hock.
• Hamite Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A fossil cephalopod of the genus Hamites, related to the ammonites, but having the last whorl bent into a hooklike form.
- (n.) A descendant of Ham, Noahs second son. See Gen. x. 6-20.
• Hammer-beam Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A member of one description of roof truss, called hammer-beam truss, which is so framed as not to have a tiebeam at the top of the wall. Each principal has two hammer-beams, which occupy the situation, and to some extent serve the purpose, of a tiebeam.