• Hided Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Hide
• Hid Definition & Synonyms
- (imp.) of Hide
- () of Hide
- () imp. & p. p. of Hide. See Hidden.
• Hide Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An abode or dwelling.
- (v. i.) To lie concealed; to keep ones self out of view; to be withdrawn from sight or observation.
- (v. t.) To withhold from knowledge; to keep secret; to refrain from avowing or confessing.
- (n.) The skin of an animal, either raw or dressed; -- generally applied to the undressed skins of the larger domestic animals, as oxen, horses, etc.
- (n.) The human skin; -- so called in contempt.
- (v. t.) To remove from danger; to shelter.
- (v. t.) To conceal, or withdraw from sight; to put out of view; to secrete.
- (v. t.) To flog; to whip.
- (n.) A measure of land, common in Domesday Book and old English charters, the quantity of which is not well ascertained, but has been differently estimated at 80, 100, and 120 acres.