• Immovable Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Steadfast; fixed; unalterable; unchangeable; -- used of the mind or will; as, an immovable purpose, or a man who remain immovable.
- (a.) Not capable of being affected or moved in feeling or by sympathy; unimpressible; impassive.
- (a.) Incapable of being moved; firmly fixed; fast; -- used of material things; as, an immovable foundatin.
- (n.) Lands and things adherent thereto by nature, as trees; by the hand of man, as buildings and their accessories; by their destination, as seeds, plants, manure, etc.; or by the objects to which they are applied, as servitudes.
- (n.) That which can not be moved.
- (a.) Not liable to be removed; permanent in place or tenure; fixed; as, an immovable estate. See Immovable, n.
• Immovableness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Quality of being immovable.