• Imperial Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of or pertaining to an empire, or to an emperor; as, an imperial government; imperial authority or edict.
- (n.) An outside seat on a diligence.
- (n.) Anything of unusual size or excellence, as a large decanter, a kind of large photograph, a large sheet of drowing, printing, or writing paper, etc.
- (n.) A kind of fine cloth brought into England from Greece. or other Eastern countries, in the Middle Ages.
- (n.) A luggage case on the top of a coach.
- (a.) Of superior or unusual size or excellence; as, imperial paper; imperial tea, etc.
- (n.) A gold coin of Russia worth ten rubles, or about eight dollars.
- (n.) The tuft of hair on a mans lower lip and chin; -- so called from the style of beard of Napoleon III.
- (a.) Belonging to, or suitable to, supreme authority, or one who wields it; royal; sovereign; supreme.
- (n.) A game at cards differing from piquet in some minor details, and in having a trump; also, any one of several combinations of cards which score in this game.
• Imperialist Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who serves an emperor; one who favors imperialism.
• Imperialized Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Imperialize