• Impresses Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Impress
• Impress Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Characteristic; mark of distinction; stamp.
- (n.) A mark made by pressure; an indentation; imprint; the image or figure of anything, formed by pressure or as if by pressure; result produced by pressure or influence.
- (v. t.) Fig.: To fix deeply in the mind; to present forcibly to the attention, etc.; to imprint; to inculcate.
- (n.) The act of impressing or making.
- (v. i.) To be impressed; to rest.
- (n.) A device. See Impresa.
- (v. t.) To press, stamp, or print something in or upon; to mark by pressure, or as by pressure; to imprint (that which bears the impression).
- (n.) To take by force for public service; as, to impress sailors or money.
- (v. t.) To produce by pressure, as a mark, stamp, image, etc.; to imprint (a mark or figure upon something).
- (n.) The act of impressing, or taking by force for the public service; compulsion to serve; also, that which is impressed.