• Indebted Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Placed under obligation for something received, for which restitution or gratitude is due; as, we are indebted to our parents for their care of us in infancy; indebted to friends for help and encouragement.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Indebt
- (a.) Brought into debt; being under obligation; held to payment or requital; beholden.
• Indebt Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To bring into debt; to place under obligation; -- chiefly used in the participle indebted.
• Indebtedness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The sum owed; debts, collectively.
- (n.) The state of being indebted.