• Indenture Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A mutual agreement in writing between two or more parties, whereof each party has usually a counterpart or duplicate; sometimes in the pl., a short form for indentures of apprenticeship, the contract by which a youth is bound apprentice to a master.
- (v. t.) To bind by indentures or written contract; as, to indenture an apprentice.
- (n.) The act of indenting, or state of being indented.
- (v. i.) To run or wind in and out; to be cut or notched; to indent.
- (v. t.) To indent; to make hollows, notches, or wrinkles in; to furrow.
• Indentured Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Indenture