• Inflate Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To cause to become unduly expanded or increased; as, to inflate the currency.
- (v. t.) To swell or distend with air or gas; to dilate; to expand; to enlarge; as, to inflate a bladder; to inflate the lungs.
- (v. i.) To expand; to fill; to distend.
- (p. a.) Blown in; inflated.
- (v. t.) Fig.: To swell; to puff up; to elate; as, to inflate one with pride or vanity.
• Inflated Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Hollow and distended, as a perianth, corolla, nectary, or pericarp.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Inflate
- (a.) Filled, as with air or gas; blown up; distended; as, a balloon inflated with gas.
- (a.) Distended or enlarged fictitiously; as, inflated prices, etc.
- (a.) Turgid; swelling; puffed up; bombastic; pompous; as, an inflated style.