• Inhabit Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To have residence in a place; to dwell; to live; to abide.
- (v. t.) To live or dwell in; to occupy, as a place of settled residence; as, wild beasts inhabit the forest; men inhabit cities and houses.
• Inhabitant Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who dwells or resides permanently in a place, as distinguished from a transient lodger or visitor; as, an inhabitant of a house, a town, a city, county, or state.
- (n.) One who has a legal settlement in a town, city, or parish; a permanent resident.
• Inhabiting Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Inhabit