• Install Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To set in a seat; to give a place to; establish (one) in a place.
- (v. t.) To place in an office, rank, or order; to invest with any charge by the usual ceremonies; to instate; to induct; as, to install an ordained minister as pastor of a church; to install a college president.
• Installing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Install
• Installment Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A portion of a debt, or sum of money, which is divided into portions that are made payable at different times. Payment by installment is payment by parts at different times, the amounts and times being often definitely stipulated.
- (n.) The seat in which one is placed.
- (n.) The act of installing; installation.