• J Definition & Synonyms
- () J is the tenth letter of the English alphabet. It is a later variant form of the Roman letter I, used to express a consonantal sound, that is, originally, the sound of English y in yet. The forms J and I have, until a recent time, been classed together, and they have been used interchangeably.
• Jacobian Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of or pertaining to a style of architecture and decoration in the time of James the First, of England.
• Jaculatory Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Darting or throwing out suddenly; also, suddenly thrown out; uttered in short sentences; ejaculatory; as, jaculatory prayers.