• Jury Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) A body of men, usually twelve, selected according to law, impaneled and sworn to inquire into and try any matter of fact, and to render their true verdict according to the evidence legally adduced. See Grand jury under Grand, and Inquest.
- (a.) A committee for determining relative merit or awarding prizes at an exhibition or competition; as, the art jury gave him the first prize.
- (a.) For temporary use; -- applied to a temporary contrivance.
• Jurymen Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Juryman
• Jury mast Definition & Synonyms
- () A temporary mast, in place of one that has been carried away, or broken.
- () An apparatus to support the trunk and head in spinal disease.