• Kat Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An Arabian shrub Catha edulis) the leaves of which are used as tea by the Arabs.
• Katabolism Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Destructive or downward metabolism; regressive metamorphism; -- opposed to anabolism. See Disassimilation.
• Katydid Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A large, green, arboreal, orthopterous insect (Cyrtophyllus concavus) of the family Locustidae, common in the United States. The males have stridulating organs at the bases of the front wings. During the summer and autumn, in the evening, the males make a peculiar, loud, shrill sound, resembling the combination Katy-did, whence the name.