• Killed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Kill
• Kill Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To cause to cease; to quell; to calm; to still; as, in seamens language, a shower of rain kills the wind.
- (n.) A kiln.
- (v. t.) To destroy the effect of; to counteract; to neutralize; as, alkali kills acid.
- (v. t.) To destroy; to ruin; as, to kill ones chances; to kill the sale of a book.
- (n.) A channel or arm of the sea; a river; a stream; as, the channel between Staten Island and Bergen Neck is the Kill van Kull, or the Kills; -- used also in composition; as, Schuylkill, Catskill, etc.
- (v. t.) To deprive of life, animal or vegetable, in any manner or by any means; to render inanimate; to put to death; to slay.
- (n.) The act of killing.
- (n.) An animal killed in the hunt, as by a beast of prey.