• Knifed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Knife
• Knife Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An instrument consisting of a thin blade, usually of steel and having a sharp edge for cutting, fastened to a handle, but of many different forms and names for different uses; as, table knife, drawing knife, putty knife, pallet knife, pocketknife, penknife, chopping knife, etc..
- (v. t.) To cut or stab with a knife.
- (v. t.) To prune with the knife.
- (n.) A sword or dagger.
- (v. t.) Fig.: To stab in the back; to try to defeat by underhand means, esp. in politics; to vote or work secretly against (a candidate of ones own party).