• Knowing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Know
- (a.) Skilful; well informed; intelligent; as, a knowing man; a knowing dog.
- (n.) Knowledge; hence, experience.
- (a.) Artful; cunning; as, a knowing rascal.
• Know Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To have knowledge; to have a clear and certain perception; to possess wisdom, instruction, or information; -- often with of.
- (v. i.) To be assured; to feel confident.
- (v. i.) To perceive or apprehend clearly and certainly; to understand; to have full information of; as, to know ones duty.
- (n.) Knee.
- (v. i.) To be convinced of the truth of; to be fully assured of; as, to know things from information.
- (v. i.) To recognize; to distinguish; to discern the character of; as, to know a persons face or figure.
- (v. i.) To be acquainted with; to be no stranger to; to be more or less familiar with the person, character, etc., of; to possess experience of; as, to know an author; to know the rules of an organization.
- (v. i.) To have sexual commerce with.
• Knowingly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) By experience.
- (adv.) With knowledge; in a knowing manner; intelligently; consciously; deliberately; as, he would not knowingly offend.
• Knowingness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The state or quality of being knowing or intelligent; shrewdness; skillfulness.