• Lave Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To lade, dip, or pour out.
- (v. t.) To wash; to bathe; as, to lave a bruise.
- (v. i.) To bathe; to wash ones self.
- (n.) The remainder; others.
• Laveer Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To beat against the wind; to tack.
• Laver Definition & Synonyms
Synonyms: Sea lettuce
- (n.) A vessel for washing; a large basin.
- (n.) One who laves; a washer.
- (n.) A large brazen vessel placed in the court of the Jewish tabernacle where the officiating priests washed their hands and feet.
- (n.) The fronds of certain marine algae used as food, and for making a sauce called laver sauce. Green laver is the Ulva latissima; purple laver, Porphyra laciniata and P. vulgaris. It is prepared by stewing, either alone or with other vegetables, and with various condiments; -- called also sloke, or sloakan.
- (n.) That which washes or cleanses.
- (n.) One of several vessels in Solomons Temple in which the offerings for burnt sacrifices were washed.