• Lily Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A plant and flower of the genus Lilium, endogenous bulbous plants, having a regular perianth of six colored pieces, six stamens, and a superior three-celled ovary.
- (n.) That end of a compass needle which should point to the north; -- so called as often ornamented with the figure of a lily or fleur-de-lis.
- (n.) A name given to handsome flowering plants of several genera, having some resemblance in color or form to a true lily, as Pancratium, Crinum, Amaryllis, Nerine, etc.
- (n.) A royal spade; -- usually in pl. See Royal spade, below.
• Lilywort Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Any plant of the Lily family or order.
• Lily-livered Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) White-livered; cowardly.