• Liquid Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Clear; definite in terms or amount.
- (a.) Fluid and transparent; as, the liquid air.
- (n.) A substance whose parts change their relative position on the slightest pressure, and therefore retain no definite form; any substance in the state of liquidity; a fluid that is not aeriform.
- (a.) Flowing freely like water; fluid; not solid.
- (a.) Being in such a state that the component parts move freely among themselves, but do not tend to separate from each other as the particles of gases and vapors do; neither solid nor aeriform; as, liquid mercury, in distinction from mercury solidified or in a state of vapor.
- (a.) Flowing or sounding smoothly or without abrupt transitions or harsh tones.
- (a.) Pronounced without any jar or harshness; smooth; as, l and r are liquid letters.
- (n.) A letter which has a smooth, flowing sound, or which flows smoothly after a mute; as, l and r, in bla, bra. M and n also are called liquids.
• Liquidating Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Liquidate
• Liquidity Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The state or quality of being liquid.
• Liquidized Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Liquidize