• Lobed Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having lobes; lobate.
• Lob Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A dull, heavy person.
- (n.) The European pollock.
- (v. t.) See Cob, v. t.
- (n.) Something thick and heavy.
- (v. t.) To let fall heavily or lazily.
- (n.) The act of lobbing; specif., an (often gentle) stroke which sends a ball up into the air, as in tennis to avoid a player at the net.
• Lobe Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A round projecting part of an organ, as of the liver, lungs, brain, etc. See Illust. of Brain.
- (n.) Any projection or division, especially one of a somewhat rounded form
- (n.) A rounded projection or division of a leaf.
- (n.) A membranous flap on the sides of the toes of certain birds, as the coot.
- (n.) The projecting part of a cam wheel or of a non-circular gear wheel.