• Looping Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Loop.
- (n.) The running together of the matter of an ore into a mass, when the ore is only heated for calcination.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Loop
• Loop Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A wire forming part of a main circuit and returning to the point from which it starts.
- (n.) A mass of iron in a pasty condition gathered into a ball for the tilt hammer or rolls.
- (n.) A small, narrow opening; a loophole.
- (n.) A fold or doubling of a thread, cord, rope, etc., through which another thread, cord, etc., can be passed, or which a hook can be hooked into; an eye, as of metal; a staple; a noose; a bight.
- (n.) A curve of any kind in the form of a loop.
- (v. t.) To make a loop of or in; to fasten with a loop or loops; -- often with up; as, to loop a string; to loop up a curtain.
- (n.) The portion of a vibrating string, air column, etc., between two nodes; -- called also ventral segment.