• Magister Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Master; sir; -- a title of the Middle Ages, given to a person in authority, or to one having a license from a university to teach philosophy and the liberal arts.
• Magisterial Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Pertaining to, produced by, or of the nature of, magistery. See Magistery, 2.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to a master or magistrate, or one in authority; having the manner of a magister; official; commanding; authoritative. Hence: Overbearing; dictatorial; dogmatic.