• Mangling Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Mangle
• Mangle Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To mutilate or injure, in making, doing, or pertaining; as, to mangle a piece of music or a recitation.
- (n.) To smooth with a mangle, as damp linen or cloth.
- (n.) A machine for smoothing linen or cotton cloth, as sheets, tablecloths, napkins, and clothing, by roller pressure.
- (v. t.) To cut or bruise with repeated blows or strokes, making a ragged or torn wound, or covering with wounds; to tear in cutting; to cut in a bungling manner; to lacerate; to mutilate.