• Masquerading Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Masquerade
• Masquerade Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To conceal with masks; to disguise.
- (n.) Acting or living under false pretenses; concealment of something by a false or unreal show; pretentious show; disguise.
- (n.) A dramatic performance by actors in masks; a mask. See 1st Mask, 4.
- (v. i.) To frolic or disport in disquise; to make a pretentious show of being what one is not.
- (v. i.) To assemble in masks; to take part in a masquerade.
- (n.) An assembly of persons wearing masks, and amusing themselves with dancing, conversation, or other diversions.
- (n.) A Spanish diversion on horseback.