• Measles Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A contagious febrile disorder commencing with catarrhal symptoms, and marked by the appearance on the third day of an eruption of distinct red circular spots, which coalesce in a crescentic form, are slightly raised above the surface, and after the fourth day of the eruption gradually decline; rubeola.
- (n.) Leprosy; also, a leper.
- (n.) A disease of trees.
- (n.) The larvae of any tapeworm (Taenia) in the cysticerus stage, when contained in meat. Called also bladder worms.
- (n.) A disease of cattle and swine in which the flesh is filled with the embryos of different varieties of the tapeworm.
• Measle Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A tapeworm larva. See 2d Measles, 4.
- (n.) A leper.